Heartbreaking Video Shows “The Thug Cycle” Continuing

Folks…this video is bad.

Really, really bad and it will make you angry.

It contains extreme profanity and discussion about adult situations and gang violence…and worst of all…a toddler.

Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

——————-

So a loyal follower alerted us to a local thug’s public Facebook page today.

She was outraged about what the thug had just posted for all to see.

We here at OmahaPOA.com viewed the video and we knew that despite the fact that it is sickening, heartbreaking footage, we have an obligation to share it to continue to educate the law abiding public about the terrible cycle of violence and thuggery that some young innocent children find themselves helplessly trapped in.

Here it is.

Now while we didn’t see anything in this video that is blatantly “illegal”, we sure did see a lot that is flat out immoral and completely unhealthy for this little child from a healthy upbringing standpoint.

Listen to the discussions this child is immersed in.

-Sexual discussions.
-Gang discussions.
-Violence.
-Profanity

The thug that posted this video indicates in a subsequent comment that the child is his nephew.

You can clearly hear at least two other adults in the background as well, one being a female.

A man can be heard asking the toddler, “what hood you from?”.

We can only assume that the female voice is likely the child’s mother, and if that’s true that means she actually allowed this behavior to occur.

We refuse to give this thug any notoriety or attention, and as much as we would love to publicly shame him, we will keep his identity private.

If for no other reason, for the sake of his nephew.

So what did this thug’s Facebook friends think about this?

Well see for yourselves…

20140103-224737.jpg

2 people actually “liked” it….

And the “comments”?

Well….they speak for themselves…

20140103-224858.jpg

Folks….soak this in.

You are literally watching “the cycle” of violence continue right in front of your eyes.

A powerful cycle that must be broken if we ever hope to get a handle on violence in Omaha.

A powerful cycle that the police alone cannot stop.

This entry was posted in Latest News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Heartbreaking Video Shows “The Thug Cycle” Continuing

1. Mark Johnson says:

Naza, Your comment is ignorant and comical. Low key Racism? Where? Do facts about a segment of society and how out of control it is relating to crime and lifestyle bother you? You know nothing about me, my record, or what I have been through. If you did you would eat your words. You unfortunately, are just another naive individual who sees the world through rose colored glasses and has not been exposed to what is really happening in these environments. I would love to take someone like you in a patrol car for a few weeks in these neighborhoods to deal with these gangbangers and criminals just so YOU could see how they really are. Your naive attitude would change. But maybe you are one of them? Ask yourself if you know? Who is doing the majority of the drug dealing on the streets? Who is doing the majority of the robberies (many very violent)? Who is doing the majority of the drive-bys? Cities are cities. I don’t have to know Omaha, it has nothing to do with it.

2. Pingback: Could This Be Obama’s Grandson? « The Burning Platform

3. Pingback: ‘Racist’ Storm Over Video of Black Toddler Spouting Obscenities

4. LaToya Watson-Taylor says:

This whole ordeal is sickening! As a professional, I see a lot of finger pointing and no resolution to the problem:
    -from a legal perspective, no laws have been broken. While we may not appreciate what has transpired, none of this warrants arrests of any kind.
    -from a social child/family services perspective, there isn’t sufficient evidence to assume the child is at-risk of physical abuse or some type of negligence.
    However, from a moral standpoint, cops have an obligation to “protect and serve.” We are ignorant to believe their role is to selectively choose whom they will protect and whom they will NOT serve. That is not the type of officer I’d like policing my community. We all agree this family is in need of services, “education” (i.e. parenting, decision-making, etc.) and various supports to facilitate sound child-rearing.
    I read the caption of this “thug” and how the ways of the adults were beyond reproach, but I’m confused as to why there was no mention that in addition to showing us the video the officer contacted the adults and connected them with services that will show them how to appropriately parent or counseling to assess why the adults seem to be ok with behaving badly in front of children. The display of the video does perpetuate the stereotypes people have toward blacks; so, without contribution to the solution, you (OPD) are continually contributing to the problem. The same is true with social services. The solution doesn’t have to result in removing the child from the home; it could simply be a visit to the home to assess how the family can remain intact while gaining proper parenting skills and services to aid in positively contributing to the community in which they reside.
    This nothing new! We all know this type of behavior exists in homes. We should be more upset with agencies, organizations, politicians, and even law enforcement who have the ability to impact our lives, our community by taking a closer look at their roles and whether they are or can be effective!

5. Pingback: Shock TODDLER Video Highlights America’s Cycle Of Violence and Thuggery (Caution: Profanity, Obscenities, Racial Slurs) | usasurvivalguide.info

6. Number5Male says:

This wasn’t some hidden family movie that was taken from the evidence room and plastered. These “Adults” were proud of what they were doing and was posted before. Now the race card is pulled because it just so happens to involve an African American family and members of law enforcement. The police have the obligation to protect the community from violence and injustice, no matter what the color, race, class and especially age. Would the “community leaders” like Wallace, Chambers and Jackson etc, rather the police turned a “blind eye” to this vile treatment of a black person? Why Aren’t these so called “leaders” coming out and telling their community that this behavior to our future generation is unacceptable and detrimental to what we are trying to “change” in our community. They should be embarrassed by the parenting and condemning it, not running to the aid of the adults, but to that child. The Leaders failed. They failed that child, they failed their community and they failed how to allow the rest of the world to see what “positive” actions they serve.

7. brian wolfe says:

I just got done helping my 8yr old son with his spelling homework, and this little boy is being helped into jail or the grave by so called adults. Made me really sad to see this but I know that this and much worse is being done every day to children of EVERY color. I am a 45 yr old white father of 4, and I’m not racist at all, however it is a statistical fact that a majority of crime in this country is committed by African Americans which is the reason for so many black fathers,sons and brothers in prison. There are a number of different arguments as to why that is (such as money to defend themselves with better attorneys, profiling by a ROQUE racist officers and many others) but this video should INFURIATE the black community. I’m not foolish enough to think that this only happens in black households because it happens in households of every race, it’s not a racial thing, it’s a child abuse thing. But anytime somebody black is caught committing a crime or perpetrating a wrong doing somebody ALWAYS pulls the race card. Yes, racism is alive and well I know, but wrong is wrong and pulling the race card on this shameful video is ridiculous. Labeling all black people “thugs” is also ridiculous, but in this case they are just that, THUGS, and they happen to be black. I feel very sad for this little boy and any other children in that household that are being taught to be a gangster before they even had a chance to live. Face it, now that Obama has broken the presidential racial barrier that little boy could be a future president, a brain surgeon, a carpenter or even a police chief but being raised like that his chances of being any of that are slim to none…he will be a victim…hell he IS A VICTIM ALREADY!! Children are innocent and don’t “see” color, yes they know that there are many races and people look different but racism is taught. If you view this as normal then no offense but you are morally bankrupt. I hope they get him out of that situation fast. Someone needs to show that child some LOVE, if I lived close and were given the opportunity my wife and I would in a heart beat, as I’m sure many of you would too. Good luck little man, there is more to the world than what you are being shown……

8. Pingback: Omaha Police Post Video of Cursing Black Child 'Thug Cycle' | HEAVY

9. George Spears says:

You may want to check out this Omaha PR person’s opinion on how the police union could have better handled the minor child cursing video. http://sternprnews.com/2014/01/08/opinion-omaha-police-union-video-toddler-thuggery/

10. Mark Johnson says:

As a retired SoCal detective I want to commend the Omaha association in there attempt to educate the public with this video. This behavior and mentality in the black community is all to common and innocent kids unfortunately grow up hearing this language all the time. Having worked in the hood, projects, and having dealt with the gangbangers I know they are like cockroaches and live as such. And people wonder why there is so much black crime and things are so dysfunctional. Sadly, this kid doesn’t have a chance. I always get a kick out of the crowd that yells about “police brutality” towards blacks. They have not a clue. The ones who are really brutalized are the police when you have to work in these environments. Little statistic true to this day.. I worked in a city that averaged 120 robberies a month. Average… 80% by blacks, 15% by Hispanics, 5% by whites. If black crime was cut in half many cops would be laid off. People always yell racism or this type garbage without walking the walk or having to deal with this crowd. Far to many blacks who are decent and law abiding are held captive by a total breakdown in there own race.

• naza peru says:

You know nothing about Omaha and your racism is apparent, nothing less than what I expect from any California officer. The cockroaches are the meth heads that rob and destroy, but they are white.

• Mark Johnson says:

One other item, you are correct about the cockroaches who are doing meth and some are white, just as Hispanics generally use heroin and meth, and blacks cocaine. These drugs though do cross all racial lines. But whites are not generally robbing. Burglary or theft to support their habit yes. But this whole debate is not about whites who are caught up in the use of meth. I have no time nor sympathy for most of them either. But you can do yourself a big favor.. don’t be so quick to play the race card. That is getting old just as is those who quickly throw out bigot, homophobia, and all the other nonsense.

• Noell Taylor says:

The police cant use this as an excuse of why some police do wrong things to that are against the law the video is wrong and not all blacks raise there kids like that and racism still exists. I feel like this is wrong not funny teaching a innocent child about gangs drug’s sex and cursing but I do think the adults should start being accountable because it is children abuse to me but not against the law its very said I love to curse as a child I was cursed out and allowed to curse but im raising my own and I don’t allow that shit even if they think they are going to get away with it. history repeats its self but its up to us to change that I also feel like blacks don’t have as many opportunities to be successful and this shit needs to stop people needed to find better things to do instead of acting like a fucking fool its very said. my daughter’s will not bring no thug home to me because I teach them there worth there loved protected and respected and will respect there self and others and educate there self I wouldn’t date a man our want to be around a man like his uncle or the other people in the back ground. everybody want to be a thug and don’t even know what a thug really is just like I seen videos of white boys fighting calling each other niggas what the fuck is the world coming to it must be close to the end to much bullshit is going on people of all races need to git it together thinks for sharing but I’ve seen it all don’t have time for people and there ignorant ways I don’t care what race you are

• Noell Taylor says:

The police need to do there job and start cracking down on the violence in omaha instead o helping people posting dumb videos I cant even count all the cold cases in my family

11. Daisy says:

I am literally sick to my stomach. How dare the media (JANE VALEZ MITCHELL) attack the Omaha poa when they found this video ALREADY POSTED ONLINE!!! She obviously left out some very important facts. The Omaha poa blurred the child’s face whereas the scumbags that originally posted this video did not!! The Omaha poa should be praised not condemned by “certain groups.”

Now that this is exposed to the world, I hope and pray that Child Protective Services removes that child and any other children in that evil, vile, disgusting, place they call a “home.” There is no hope for that child if he continues to live among the filth he is constantly exposed to.

Those THUGS need to be hunted down, prosecuted, and spend the rest of their lives behind bars where they belong.!!!!!

12. Pingback: Toddler Thug Video Posted By Police Union Causes Outrage [Watch]

13. Pingback: Toddler Thug Video Posted By Police Union Causes Outrage [Watch] – Gullpress

14. D D says:

The word “thug” has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

Anyone can be a “thug”.

It means a criminal.

The police did nothing wrong.

But so many want to blame the police, instead of these people posting this sick video.

All we may be able to do is pray for that baby boy.

He even looked scared too me. Everyone was laughing at him. It looks to me that that could also bring low-self esteem to this child.

Just wait and see what happens to him.

He’ll be able to use all these posts on the web in his criminal defense, do to his up bringing from a young age. And we do nothing to stop these people around him? So very sad!

Good Luck Baby Boy! I’ll pray for you!

15. Rebecca Standridge says:

And what are you going to do Omaha Police to help this poor child? This is obviously child abuse and if you don’t do anything to help him you are GUILTY as well.

16. Scott Humphrey says:

Inconceivable but important to see. You should have blurred out the baby’s face, but we must see the unbleeped version to fully comprehend. This is how Al-Qaeda grooms toddlers to grow up as terrorists. This is how the KKK grooms toddlers to grow up as murderous racists. This is what Hitler envisioned for all young German children to prepare them to be good Nazi adults. Most “normal” humans couldn’t imagine that this kind of thing happens, but clearly it does. We need to see this in all of its horror. How can such exploitation of a child not be illegal?

17. Ben Cemoli says:

I understand why the child’s face is blurred out but why censor the usernames of all those fine upstanding citizens making comments on Facebook. Presumably their mighty proud of their ghetto comments so why take away from their fame.

Ben

18. Pingback: Police Union Posts Video Of Swearing Toddler To Explain ‘Thug Cycle’ | The Buzz 1230 AM

19. Pingback: Police Union Posts Video Of Swearing Toddler To Explain ‘Thug Cycle’ | WCHB-AM: NewsTalk 1200

20. Pingback: Police Union Posts Video Of Swearing Toddler To Explain ‘Thug Cycle’ | News One

21. Pingback: Black Current Events | Black News Authority | African American News - WeUsINews.com

22. Pingback: Next Generation | Countenance Blog

23. Jill Buccheri says:

I would think CPS could find out where the child lives and would more than likely find the poor baby living in an unfit home if they paid a visit. So sad

24. Kevin Spruill says:

wow, really — so, you’re saying that the same thing doesn’t happen in other households… non-minority households? give me a break, thanks for perpetuating stereotypes

• bob marley says:

absolutely. it’s all a racist conspiracy and everyone is out to get the black folks. OR, this is a video of child abuse, plain and simple. And if you equate “thugs” to black people then that’s on you.

• tamatha sullivan says:

Not one word was mentioned about race except for the people in this video saying ni**er. And the upstanding people in this video made reference to thug life… so I would think you would be annoyed at the idiots in the video and certainly not the people who are appalled at this crappy behavior!!

• tamatha sullivan says:

Excuses, excuses, excuses! Always excuses for disgusting behavior!!! Pathetic!

• william lambert says:

You know I came from a state that where racism and bigotry is hushed; NOT LIKE HERE. Wow you take one video and manage to sterotype a whole race with it. I have never been around a more profound blanket stupidity. THESE people are a product of thier environment and society. They dont know better. But you bigots do! SAME ON YOU! Man think Im goingoing to take my kids and go back because Im not sure whats worse for them the racism or the violence… wow!

25. Pingback: Political Rift » Police Union Posts Video Of Swearing Black Toddler To Explain ‘Thug Cycle’

26. Y J says:

Well, OPOA, you’ve done yourself no PR favors with this one. I don’t live in your city, but allow me to make some (kind) observations/recommendations in case you wish to employ this social media public relations tactic in future. Additionally, I have forwarded my complaints to the FBI to encourage you all think critically about how you handle the ethics of your PR, and jobs, especially when they feature endangered children(!).

What boggles my mind is that rather than standing up as a voice for the protection of children, the OPOA’s communications team has engaged in the visual, media exploitation of a child by caregivers; caregivers who clearly need a visit from Child Protective Services (CPS) so that they can be taught, encouraged, engaged, and supported as responsible child caregivers.

That’s right, you have exploited a child by forwarding this video to your viewers without even a thought of the additional harm you could be doing to him as a consequence. Even more disturbingly, you protect the identity of the originator of the video while showcasing the victim, without a single word indicating what you’ve done to protect the child (the victim) featured.

Speaking of additional harms, it is very troubling indeed when one considers how much obscene media featuring exploited children the FBI arrests criminals for and the OPOA’s actions in this regard may leave a lot to be desired and questions in light of the fact that there’s no statement regarding what the OPOA did to protect the child other than continue his exploitation and endangerment on its own http://www.omahapoa.com website.

While this child is not naked except for a diaper, he is clearly being exploited for entertainment purposes by questionable caregivers. But, the OPOA decides to share the video rather than make an inquiry/arrest in collaboration/liaison with your CPS colleagues, keep the video as evidence in subsequent legal proceedings and present a press release describing your heroism and protection of children? While I’m not in law enforcement, it does indeed seems to be troubling and poorly reflects the adherence/development of the OPOA’s actions in support of child protection polices/procedures. Unless, OPOA is not telling us something heroic and awesome they’ve done to improve that child’s life.

Let’s be clear here: This is a child, who could not have knowingly given their consent to either be video taped, nor have that tape shown in public. However, the OPOA further diminishes, if not obliterates, it’s own ethical legitimacy by also sharing the video without noting any actions taken to support the claim you are publicly shaming the Uncle “…[i]f for no other reason, for the sake of his nephew.” How about a court date and the local news for a PR strategy? What does this mean in the face of the OPOA’s obvious omission to anything other than negligence? Did you mean for the safety, protection, and successful cultivation of his nephew? It seems something like your feigned and professed value and protection of children rings hollow given the points I’ve outlined above.

Lastly, did it not escape your attention the different optics/perspective/views and comments that could be engendered by your posting of this video? The fact that this is a black child in a low income neighborhood (from the sounds of it) who should be given every shot at success or engaged to learn all he can to love and be productive in life along with his family if possible. Further, it says a lot about the racial make up of your audience (Omaha is 73% white, so OPOA must be what?…hmm). It would seem to me that the OPOA would not demonstrate their caring attention with the unethical posting of a clearly troubling video.

OPOA’s seeming dereliction of child protection service, underscored by the show casing of this video. has not only suggestively shown that it, as an association of law enforcement professionals, doesn’t care about the safety and future of this child in its community, but that the OPOA could have also, even more profoundly disturbing on a moral level, shown every other potential child exploiter with the electronic or social means at their disposal, how to locate this child who clearly may suffer from fewer protections/resources his family unit, much less the sincere protection of the OPOA and Child Services, could provide.

So, this isn’t only racist because you featured a black child who deserves love, safety, and a secure environment in which to grow up to grow up like any other child of any race (N.B. I haven’t seen or heard of any OPOA videos via Gawker demonstrating endangered white children showcased in such a fashion), but because you obviously, by your own admission, in the statement justifying your actions, show you don’t care about the welfare of children, except to shame their people who’ve been irresponsible and shameless in the first place? Gotta think about that one, guys.

More bewilderingly, you’ve engaged in the effective monsterization of a child, which in a few years time your statement predicts will become a thug, for the additional exploitative purposes of justifying wrongheadedly why the OPD or the OPOA is needed, should be paid salaries and benefits, for the role it should perform: idly watch while an endangered child becomes a cultivated “thug” without assuming any of your legitimate, ameliorative, child protective responsibilities in the matter.

For these reasons, this is a #PRfail, and I’m disgusted. Don’t try again, OPOA, because this is a child, not a side show for your entertainment.

27. young thug says:

Yes, the man filming this video, the people in the room, and his facebook friend are trashy people. But this type of behavior is a symptom of poverty and policing doesn’t solve poverty. Throwing people in jail, especial for the insane amounts of time sentenced here in the US, only exacerbates the problem.

I grew up in New Orleans and went to some of the worse schools in the country surrounded by people like this. I could have easily ended up like the “thugs” you mention. I didn’t because I was exposed to a positive environment because my aunt and uncle were both doctors. That’s how you break the cycle. You show these kids there is more out there than the idiots they are surrounded by, not by throwing their fathers and mothers in jail for decades.

• Anthony says:

What does solve poverty then? I’ll tell you that I don’t think anything the government is doing is helping either. I’ll tell you that the music industry isn’t helping either. I’ll tell you that it starts and begins with those bringing children into this world.

There are so many people who don’t bring children into this world for the right reasons and the only one who suffers is the child themselves. Not the parent (who often gets tax incentives), its the child.

The only way this changes is by communities taking a stand and lets face it, that’s not happening because the good people in poor communities our outnumbered/gunned by the bad people.

But thinking the government, tax-money, or police for that matter are going to change it by themselves, its not probable. Only thing our law enforcement can do at this point is protect the good members of the community and do as much to educate the others as possible. But you can’t blame them or the law for locking up people who do violent/illegal things.

28. joe rogan says:

The truly sad thing is the trashy website ‘Gawker” is using this story for click bait to enflame their readers.

They have a lily white urban demographic that foams at the mouth for stories they feel are “racist”. While the demographic of their readers( and said readers neighborhoods) is overwhelmingly white and affluent and never deals with the sort of thing you are fighting to clean up.

Keep up the good work, and look into how they are misrepresenting your words on their site. I’d really like to hope it breaks the law in some way.

29. eugene busa says:

Its sad about the up bringing of the children today and even more sad that some people blame police & gov agenceys for it. eye opening and very sad…

• tamatha sullivan says:

Nooooo accountability! Bad choices, breaking the law, bad parenting, drug abuse, poverty, violence etc. etc. Blame, blame, blame! It’s an endless cycle and it makes these comments so annoyingly ridiculous! Adults are responsible for their own choices and should be held accountable period……..I’m soooooo tired of people making lame excuses for others not have ANY morals or values! This video is sick! This child will grow up to be just like the people raising him if not worse. And our tax money will most likely be paying for him when he gets incarcerated down the road unless he is removed from that kind of environment! So sad!!!! There are people who are poor or who live in bad areas who are religious and/or teach their children to be decent people and to make good choices and when they don’t they can’t blame anyone else but themselves!!!! Stop with all the freaking excuses!

30. Samantha Stott says:

I don’t care if these people are black, white, or flipping purple, what is happening in this home is complete negligent parenting. If the adults want to sit around and talk like a bunch of uneducated ignorant fools so be it, but to teach and encourage an innocent child this type of behaviors is disgusting! I wish the OPD would allow the public to see the individual who posted this so we all could be the voice for this young innocent child!

31. naza peru says:

This is sick, horrible…but your low key racism is much worse. “The Thug Cycle,” really! That Levering/Jenkins three part article has everyone looking to point a finger.
    Let’s look into some things since you all have the time:
    1. Why wasn’t Krueger’s ex-husband that was also incarcerated with Jenkins ever investigated?
    2. How did Niko get at least 15,000…who gave him the cash, why no investigation?

When the OPD gives a damn about the black community that is when the black community will respect the OPD. Why don’t you link the video of the police department raiding the homes of a neighborhood, looking for the video that showed their brutality against unarmed black young men….that would be interesting.

• Anthony Mainor says:

@naza

Why did they have to investigate the ex? He obviously wasn’t the suspect. And yes “thug cycle”. Did you not listen to the video?? He’s set trippin, “what hood you from?” “Duece nine”

Think before you play the race card.

• naza peru says:

If you are a detective and this man has been in jail for 10 + years, receives over $10,000 and was incarcerated with the ex-husband…that screams something to me. But let’s put the blinders on

• naza peru says:

I did think and I did my research. The mother is 16 years old and the boy is probably the same age.
        Thug Cycle is being used in a racist way.

Definition of Thug
        Thug, a common criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire
        Thug, proper noun, a member of the former Indian cult Thuggee

What part of that definition has the terms that you are using? Own up to your blatant racism, take the time to think about that.

32. Dan Larsen Dan Larsen says: